Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Converting text description into DTM for Clustering

adriantanjy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I am very new to Alteryx and am trying to use it for analyzing unstructured data. I have a column of description in text form and I intend to use the K-Means Clustering tool for topic modelling. For K-means to work on text, I will need to convert my text into a Document Term Matrix (DTM) so that they appear as continuous variables to the clustering tool. However, I am struggling to find a way I can convert my text to a DTM.

Does anyone know a way to do so? I am currently looking at the R tool but am not exactly sure how to start too. Hoping that all of you experts here can help me out!

I have looked through past questions and knowledge posts on text analysis and realized that most fell back on the Microsoft Azure ML Text Analysis Macro. However, I would like to avoid using the macro (to not be restricted to limited runs every month for scalability) and instead use tools that are available in Alteryx.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
adriantanjy
6 - Meteoroid
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

My pleasure - and sorry I missed this thread!  LOL.

Labels