Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Constraints in Optimization tool

fcobosmolina
6 - Meteoroid

Hello community!

I have a question regarding the type of constraints you can set up in the Optimization tool.

You  can see in the picture a matrix 6x6 on the right side and on the left side a matrix with a representation of the output from the optimization tool:

fcobosmolina_0-1613046312160.png

On the following pictures you can see how I write the LHS and the RHS of the constraints, for making sure there is only one element per row/column:

fcobosmolina_1-1613046391927.png             fcobosmolina_2-1613046518854.png

This constraint is measuring that the sum of all the elements is lower or equal to 1 in each column and row. 

My questions is: can we put somehow a constraint that instead of a sum is considering the multiplication of the values in each row/column?

Thanks for your help!

Best, 

Fran

2 REPLIES 2
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @fcobosmolina

Constraints can be an equality or inequality formula rather than a set value. Upper and lower bounds limits can also be entered as a formula. There is a recorded training session that may be helpful: Prescriptive Optimization. Constraints and bounds are added starting in about minute 33 of the video, and the example is attached to the article.

fcobosmolina
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot for the answer, I will take a look into the training session. 

Labels