Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

XML Parse Still Broken in 2021.1

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

My XML workflows will not parse when I upgrade to 2020.4 or 2021.1.  It can't find the child elements.  They work with 2020.3.5 or any prior version.  Anybody else experiencing issues?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

We have found some problems with tags with Xml namespaces. Is that your problem? That is, in the xml do you have "<ns:local ...", and in your configuration you ask for child named "local"?

We think we have a fix for these problems. Can you send us an example? Just the XML Parse tool and a snippet of the xml source would do.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@ChrisK   XML is not my thing, but let me try to respond.  If "namespace" is the "<abc:" or "<xyz:" that proceeds the name of an element, then YES.  In fact, my source XML files have multiple "namespaces" per file.   Prior to 2020.4, I could do exactly what you ask and configure the parse tool to go for the named child without having to include the "namespace."   This whole use case is the reason why I bought into Alteryx, so this hiccup hurts.  

I do not want to post the source XML files to the Community.  But, I can send them to my rep -- who I hope could then forward to you to you.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@hellyars 

You are running into a known Defect: DE28334 - In version 2020.4 the XML Parse tool does not detect specific child.

WORKAROUND : Use Formula to remove any single letter and a following colon from tags from the DownloadData field.

ntobon_0-1614021713932.png

Expressions:

REGEX_Replace([DownloadData], "<\D:", "<")

REGEX_Replace([DownloadData], "</\D:", "</")

Please apply the workaround. 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@ntobon I will try.  BUT, can I install 2020.4 or 2021.1 to try without having to uninstall 2020.3 (Admin)?

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@hellyars you can install 2020.4 (Non-Admin) or 2021.1  (Non-Admin) 

Labels