Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Conditional Formula Changes two Columns

leandro_vf
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, 

I´d like to know if a Conditional Expression can modify two columns when the condition is true. FOr example:

IF c THEN COLUMN1 = "Value" and COLUMN2 = "OtherValue" ELSE COLUMN1 = "Value" ENDIF

THanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @leandro_vf 

You'd either need to use two formulas in a formula tool or potentially look at the multi-field formula tool. Two formulas is probably the simplest approach. If you have sample data that'd be helpful to illustrate it.

leandro_vf
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, thanks for your help.

I need to do like a inventory (FIFO).  

I attached an excel file with the data and the solution I intend to do.

I try to solve with MultiRow and a conditional expression, but i need to edit two fields at the same time after the condition is verify. So, My problem is the result of boolean 

leandro_vf_0-1668269313763.png

in excel I solved it with the sum formula with variable range, observing the records of the previous lines in the database.

however the original database has more than 1 million rows, not allowing the use of excel. i really Need help

leandro_vf
6 - Meteoroid

With vba script i can se two instructions for one result of the condition, like this https://learn.microsoft.com/pt-br/office/vba/language/reference/user-interface-help/ifthenelse-state...

Is it possibilidade to do this on alteryx, with multi row?

If not i Will try use the vba script on alteryx to solve

Labels