Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare two reports on a specific field and filter if information is not identical

Nicolaas_Vercruyse
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I have two tables with identical headers, one source table and one created table from other data and I want to cross check that all information is identical and filter on data which is not.

example

Nicolaas_Vercruyse_0-1684940638384.png

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Nicolaas_Vercruyse 

use join tool with all columns as keys

smoosh
8 - Asteroid

Attached is an example file that shows two ways it could be done. 

• One is a join (as noted in a comment above).
  • The other is a cross-tab using the ID and Code value with testing function. 

Either works and will hopefully get you going in the right direction.

Take care. 

Nicolaas_Vercruyse
7 - Meteor

Great thanks,

The join seem not to be sufficient as I actually want to filter on ID's which are in both reports but not having the same information.

The cross-tab does make it happen, but it only checks one column, in this case the code. But the differences could be in all columns. In my real report I have about 7 columns that would need to be checked if identical...

Thanks!

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

they will come out through the L and R outputs when they don't match

smoosh
8 - Asteroid

I've tweaked the cross-tab method to work across any number of columns. Try it now.

Good luck.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels