Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column header adjustment - Consolidated File

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I am facing a issue in adjusting column headers of different files, the headers are same ex- Name column but the same headers are different for different files ex. NAME, name. Therefore while consolidating the data I get multiple columns. Kindly guide me the steps so that I can create an output. Below I am attaching the data and this is what I want to achieve as shown in the Image. Kindly Support.Screenshot 2024-05-15 130131.png

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
16 - Nebula

@Kaish you can union them by their position
this will work for you

mark as done if this is solved

Raj
16 - Nebula

find the workflow attached.

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

Quickest way to do this is by using "auto Config by position" in union tool, given that the column position remains same always.

Another method is:

If column name is consistent but just case differs e.g., Name, name, NAME etc.

• Then you can use dynamic rename, select all the fields and write the formula
    TRIM(UPPERCASE([_CurrentField_])).
  • This formula will make all the column headers as Upper case and remove any additional blank spaces.
  • Now you can use "Auto Config by Name" in Union tool.

If this answers your question, please mark this as solution.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @raj, thank you for your response, actually I am working in directory and union doesn't work on that, I have 50+ files so they are directly connected from the directory, therefore I cannot use union tool for this solution.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Gaurav, actually the auto configure by position in macro helped me to solve the issue. Thanks

Labels