Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chart Tool Doesn't Display the Y Axis Correctly

mccartycp
7 - Meteor

I have seen this issue on the forum, but there was no solution for this problem. I have a simple data set of data from Yahoo Finance that is a company's stock price over time. When I try to graph a sample chart the date is displayed correctly, but the stock price (Y) is ordered by date instead of numerical value. Has anyone encountered this issue when building a graph? 

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I would first suggest checking your data types. It looks like all the fields may be strings. I've attached a workflow with your data that seems to work well with the interactive charting tool. Is the output in the pdf what you expect?

mccartycp
7 - Meteor

For some reason I thought I had tried with the data types and it wasn't repopulating, but this works. Thank you for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels