Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing dates in column name used in formula

yxt
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have an existing formula that reads off a column name 'Holdings as of 08/15/18' .. The workflow works fine until we start loading new data set as input source files which will have latest holding date, for example 'Holdings as of 01/01/19'. The formula generates an error because the specific holding date in the original workflow relies on 08/15/18. 

Could we at the onset of the workflow number each columns as cells (like excel) and towards end of workflow convert them back to its original column name (based on the latest input source file)? By doing so, I acknowledge i may lose out on the intuitiveness of seeing the column name used in the formula.

Or is there a better solution to this? Could the formula recognize only partial of the column name 'Holdings as of' and continue off it? 

Thanks!

formula based on dated column name.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
yxt
7 - Meteor

Thanks David ! I struggled with the currentfield and currentfieldname. thanks for clearing it up

EveM
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I was wondering what is the formula you used to read off the column with the text and date? Does the formula understand the difference between the date and the text? 

Thank you!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels