Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cannot Import name 'find_stack_level'

bliffick
7 - Meteor

I recently installed the Power BI Output extension from the marketplace.  I am running 2022.3 so I installed the older version of the tool.  When I try and run the workflow I get the below error.  

Power BI Output (26) cannot import name 'find_stack_level' from 'pandas.util._exceptions' (C:\Users\XXX\XXXX\XXXXX\Alteryx\Tools\PowerBIOutput_3_4_0\site-packages\pandas\util\_exceptions.py)

I have been searching and have not been able to find an answer to this.  
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. 

7 REPLIES 7
LindonB
11 - Bolide

It appears that the version of the pandas library in Python. It seems like the version of pandas that the Power BI Output tool is using might be incompatible with the function find_stack_level. Maybe try using a Python tool and update pandas by running:
pip install pandas --upgrade

Not certain if that will resolve the issue but worth trying.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

I believe the version of the tool you have installed is not compatiable with your alteryx version. I think you need an even older one.

bliffick
7 - Meteor

LindonB - I tried your suggestion but it did not work unfortunately.  Thank you.

apathetichel - I initially installed the Power BI tool for designer 24.1 and newer first.  I realized after installing it that I had the wrong version.  I went back to the marketplace and got the tool for 23.2 and older.  Installing that one did not make a difference either.  

apathetichell
19 - Altair

the version you installed is still too new.

bliffick
7 - Meteor

What version will I need?

3.3.0? 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

I think it's 3.1 - talk your sales rep -it looks like they PE overlords changed marketplace and made it even less functional.

sarahmajor
5 - Atom

I'm having the same issue, the PowerBI connector tool I have downloaded is the correct version for the version of alteryx i'm using, did you manage to find a solution? 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels