Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can you use a condition tool without an input .. AND schedule from gallery?

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to open and close containers. Our team was doing this with a macro embedded within a standard workflow, but that is obnoxious for a variety of reasons. 

I want to use a single condition tool with an expression as shown to open/close containers. It seems to fail to work (without error) when running locally and fails from the gallery with a timeout error.

Is it possible to do this without user input and without a macro?

Annotation 2021-06-28 175234.png

1 REPLY 1
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Joshman108,

There is an error in your formula.  To get the DateTimeDiff to properly compare the current time with the comparison time (01:20:00), the DateTimeNow needs to be configured to the proper format.  This formula should work:  ABS(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),'%H:%M:%S'),'01:20:00','minute'))<6.  I've attached a workflow that I was able to get to work.  It does not require user input or a macro, but does need to be run as an app.  You will need to change the 01:20:00 to within 6 minutes of your current time to see the 'True' returned.  In addition, both containers need to be closed before launching the app to get this to work correctly.  In case this may work better for your workflow, I also showed how this can be run using a Detour tool instead of disabling containers.

Condition Tool.png

Labels