Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating a YoY Change field for each Quarter at specific Level of Detail

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Alteryx, and I was hoping for some guidance on a calculated field I would like to add to my workflow. I have an Excel dataset structured like so: Alteryx Sample.png

I would like to create a field that shows the YoY change in Count at the Product & Color level. Each Product & Color have only one row of data per Quarter. So for example: for Product = "Clothes" & Color = "Blue", the YoY Change for Quarter = "2020 Q4" would be -0.25 (calculated using (6-8)/8). I would like this field to be calculated for each row of data. I attached the sample data in this post. The format of the Quarter field is especially tripping me up in regard to how to point to the quarter of the previous year for each Product & Color.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated! Thank you,

Paul

13 REPLIES 13
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @paulwini 

Adding to @apathetichell workflow. You can do a left full join to get all rows.

atcodedog05_0-1622131284076.png

Hope this helps 🙂

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Same as @atcodedog05 ... union with the left join...

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Amazing, thank you both!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help @paulwini 🙂

Labels