Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CASS Tool Error: Timed out in OutboundNamedPipe::WriteFile after 5000 milliseconds

gavinott1
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a workflow trying to geocode ~45 million records, which I am doing with the CASS tool and US Geocoder tool.  However, the CASS tool is continually hitting the following error:

gavinott1_0-1608812440614.png

"Timed out in OutboundNamedPipe::WriteFile after 5000 milliseconds".

Originally, I was running all the records into the CASS tool in one workflow and the error would pop up after ~100,000-300,000 records had ran through.  I then put the tool in a macro wherein I send it 50,000 records at a time.   This seems to work better, but I'm still getting the error.

I'm not exactly sure what the error means or how I can fix it, but maybe increasing the timeout limit would work, if that's possible.  Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Thank you,

Gavin Ott

11 REPLIES 11
TheSAguy
7 - Meteor

I removed 3 of those "Bad" Addresses it found and now it's outputting the rest of the data. 

It's still finding two bad records, but outputting everything. Very Weird. I've never had this issue before. 

Not sure what would cause CASS to basically crash because of a formatting issue even after data cleanse and yxdb format.

Hope this was an isolated incident with this data file.

joe_normile
5 - Atom

I considered this for a possible solution however, my CASS breaks at different records each time so I cannot isolate what may be causing the error.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels