Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bulk emailing to 5000+ Dynamic users, using Basic Table, Report Text, and Email Tool

vivaisun11
8 - Asteroid

Hello,
I am trying to create a workflow to send specific information (in a table format) to specific users.

The email list is being pulled from the workflow itself, however, when I try to select the 'To' field, it doesn't show anything when using the Basic Table tool.

Attached is a sample workflow, and also a desired final output format.

I've gone through multiple pages on the forum, but haven't come across a solution that uses both a table, and using the 'To' field from the workflow.

Alternatively, would it be easier to use a mix of Alteryx and Python to execute the auto emailing function since it is a large emailing list? Open to any suggestions, or better alternatives.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

hi!
if you are just looking  to add the email address from your input files... connect the email tool after the join tool.  once you see the configuration window of the email tool, check the box corresponding to "To:" and a drop down selection of the column you want to obtain the emails from.

another form of sending an email email is when you visit the workflow configuration and choose the "events" tab there's an "add" button that will give you 2 options .. one of those is  send email.... 

vivaisun11
8 - Asteroid

Hey.

Once I use the Table tool, which I need as part of the email body, it doesn't show the field names in the 'To' box.

tim-regas
7 - Meteor

@vivaisun11 if I understand correctly, you want an email sent to each email with their table.

To do this, you would need to group by email in the basic table tool. This will create a table for each email and also keep the email as a field for the records to use in the to field in the email tool.

Group by Email.png

vivaisun11
8 - Asteroid

Hi.

Thanks! Looks like I am able to select the Emails in the field and the email looks great!

One last question - Once the table is sent in the email body, is there a way to avoid including the Email column to the user?

Thanks!

Was able to find the solution to this. Just had to unselect the check box in the Table tool in the 'Per Column Config' section :).

vivaisun11
8 - Asteroid

Hello. If I need to add a subtotal to each group in the Table (attached format), how do I go about doing this?

vivaisun11
8 - Asteroid

Hello. If I need to add a subtotal to each group in the Table (attached format), how do I go about doing this?

Labels