Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blocking and resuming the Alteryx workflow based on a button in a pop-up message

danbzz
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way in Alteryx to run specific containers and create an output, after which I would like the workflow to stop, produce a pop-up message with the option to click a button, through which the remaining containers can be run. 

Basically, the first container will produce an Excel output, which will have some cells that will have to be populated manually by the user and then, this output will have to be used as input for the remaining containers. To make this happen, the workflow must be stopped, Alteryx must produce a pop-up message with the possibility of clicking a button through which the workflow start again and run the remaining containers.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @danbzz,

Think you want something like this:

IraWatt_0-1653037107159.png

The check box turns on of off what is in the contain from being run.

HTH,

Ira

DataNath
17 - Castor

Unless I'm mistaken, this sounds like a case for a chained app, as you'll need the user input as well as result of the first run to then complete further work. There's a great interactive lesson on setting these up: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

And a further information thread in the knowledge base: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Chained-Alteryx-Analytic-Applicatio...

danbzz
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DataNath, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Labels