Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App

ayadav8
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

My analytical app requires the user to enter 12 months sales data. Using a "numeric up down" puts the months in a column, making the app look too big. Is there any better way of setting up this UI.? Maybe putting them in a row might give a crisper look.

Looking for suggestions. Attached is the current snapshot of the UI.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ElliottMB
5 - Atom

Hi ayadav8!

I wasn't able to think of a way to do a row-based layout, as I believe that's currently a community idea that doesn't yet exist in the platform. However, one solution I came up with was to split your sales input into tabs in the interface designer. You could have a tab for each quarter (or month), and then put the appropriate up/down interface tools in each tab. The nice benefit of this layout is that the user sees '< Back' and 'Next >' buttons to help guide them through.image.png

Hope that helps as a possible solution until more layout controls are implemented in Alteryx Designer!

ayadav8
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ElliottMB, that's indeed better than stacking them together into one column.

Labels