Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API download being limited?

IbrahimAhmed
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have created a workflow which pulls some information from the foresee API using the following address:

'https://api.foresee.com/v1/measures/8867464/data?from=2017-05-01&to=2018-02-25'

I am using an Oauth2 workflow and connecting to the API and pulling information as expected EXCEPT there seems to be a limit in what I can take from the API. Cutting off at 25 records and 800kb?

There is not limits on the tool, is there anything else I can check?

Any help will be appreciated?

4 REPLIES 4
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @IbrahimAhmed

Looks like there is a configurable parameter in the api to set the results size...the default is 25 and the limit is 100.

If you need to go above 100 then you use the offset to increase the value

API.PNG

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

It is very common for an API to limit how many records are returned. There should be a parameter that is something like "size" or "records" that determines how many are returned up to a particular limit. In this case there is usually a header that shows how many records or pages there are to return. You'll need to iterate over the pages to return all of the records.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

IbrahimAhmed
6 - Meteoroid

I cannot believe I missed that sorry & thank you.

IbrahimAhmed
6 - Meteoroid

@StephenR wrote:

It is very common for an API to limit how many records are returned. There should be a parameter that is something like "size" or "records" that determines how many are returned up to a particular limit. In this case there is usually a header that shows how many records or pages there are to return. You'll need to iterate over the pages to return all of the records.

Thanks

How do you know when you have come to the end?

Thanks

Ibrahim

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels