Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I need a little help with this:

3 variables

1.  Drop down

2.  Text Box input

3.  Text Box input

How do I change the value of an input Textbox tool, then pass to a dynamic SQL?

Please help - I have tried several things.

8 REPLIES 8
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Gfreeman can you share more on where you currently are (re: dummy data set, your current workflow with dummy data, what methods you are using, etc.)? It is tough to decipher what you are needing a workflow to do with the above details.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Can you see the attached app?

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Did you get the app?

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Yes.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Just asking - any luck?

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

You can establish an ODBC or OLEDB connection to your incoming data set straight through the Input tool. Instructions can be found here:
https://help.alteryx.com/10.1/DatabaseConnections.htm#:~:text=To%20connect%20via%20ODBC%2C%20first,t...

Then, you can apply your Interface tools to directly update your SQL query you are attempting to pass without the need for a Dynamic Input tool - the DI tool can, at times, throw weird errors or not return your desired results. This is personally my preferred method for updating specific strings within a SQL query because it is more reliable.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I understand the ODBC connection - but that isn't my problem.

My problem is that the action tools are not passing the user selections into the Text Input tool.  Is there any way you and I could do an online meeting so I can show you?  I am having a difficult time with this.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I finally got it to work.  Had to figure out how to pass parameters into a text input box!!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels