Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Amazon S3 multiple file impoort

I have Multiple objects in my AWS Path, and i need to import all of them to consolidate the data. I tried using Regular Expressions ( Such as * , etc) but its throwing the error, does anyone know how to resolve this issue OR is there any alternative ways to do it ? 

11 REPLIES 11
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Have you tried using the AWS tools on the marketplace built by Aimpoint? https://marketplace.alteryx.com/en-US/apps/424306/aws-tools-by-aimpoint-digital

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
kc20
6 - Meteoroid

I'm giving AWS tools by Aimpoint a shot and getting error "Amazon S3 Download (8) No module named 'boto3'"

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@kc20 Boto3 is the Python AWS package. I am 99% sure that under the hood Aimpoint installs this package (or checks for it). If you are seeing that error - you probably cannot install it. Can you run Alteryx at admin. Open a Python tool -and type:

Alteryx.installPackage("boto3")

- check for errors. try to fix errors. re-run S3 workflow.

kc20
6 - Meteoroid

That did the trick, thank you!

kc20
6 - Meteoroid

@alexnajm any plan to include role base authentication for AWS tools? 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@kc20 - I'd recommend doing this via Run command/CLI scripting.

kc20
6 - Meteoroid

any explain CLI script that anyone can share?

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels