Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx

ilovecoding
8 - Asteroid

Hi Champs,

While doing lookup I'm able to get the column from a different file using the Join function, the column is in DATE TIME (including sec and AM/PM) format but in the output, it is only picking date and time (hours and mins). Seconds and AM/PM are missing out from the output.

Can someone assist here, please? 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@ilovecoding 

maybe you can post a table data before join, and a picture after join, then we can get idea.

ilovecoding
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I cannot post that as it is on my work interface. But to simplify, let me know if the below helps

Before the join column value is

05/10/2022 10:08:00 AM

After the Join column value is

05/10/2022 10:08

So, ":00 AM" is missing out on my output.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@ilovecoding 

I assume the field name is [Date], and you cell value is "05/10/2022 10:08:00 AM" , but the field type maybe isn't a valid datetime format, do you sure? in Alteryx, the datetime format like "05/10/2022 10:08:00" . 

and if the field type or length is change then the ":00 AM" is miss.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

I have two Ideas how you could possibly solve the problem: 

1. Check the size of the field, maybe it's too short.

2. Workaround: Join it as a string and transform it into "date time" after the join.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels