Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx can't read a tab

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I used a macro to read multiple files into alteryx. The macro works well on tabs A, B, C. But on tab D, alteryx can't read anything. It just shows column title but no content in the columns. 

The fact that this macro works for other tabs makes me think coding works. I am puzzled what can cause tab D not to be read in correctly. Have you seen formatting issues in excel that would cause the entire tab not be read?

Alteryx flow looks like this

Directory -> Formula([FullPath]+"|||Asset Characteristics") -> Macro

Thanks,

Yiling

29 REPLIES 29
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Maybe there’s an extra space? Can you read in the file with an Input Data tool but instead of reading a specific sheet, can you import the list of sheet names? Perhaps you could even use this list to Append to the file paths of the Directory tool and use the Formula from there!

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@yilingchen02 Are you using a batch macro to read the excel sheets?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Can you share a screenshot of the Excel tab D? Also, the workflow would be helpful.

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

correct, batch macro

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Screen shots for the spreadsheet (redacted) and workflow is attached. Thanks

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Not sure we can see the tab names @yilingchen02 

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Tab name is 'GHG'

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So you can confirm you are trying to read in [FullPath]+"|||GHG" ? And there are no extra characters (like spaces) in the tab name?

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. Yes that's correct. Four people filled out the same template. Three templates read in fine the 'GHG' tab. Just one template has the problem. For the problem tab we can still read the column header which makes me think they recognize the tab but somehow can't read in the numbers in that tab. As if the numbers are completely hidden.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels