Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx can't read a tab

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I used a macro to read multiple files into alteryx. The macro works well on tabs A, B, C. But on tab D, alteryx can't read anything. It just shows column title but no content in the columns. 

The fact that this macro works for other tabs makes me think coding works. I am puzzled what can cause tab D not to be read in correctly. Have you seen formatting issues in excel that would cause the entire tab not be read?

Alteryx flow looks like this

Directory -> Formula([FullPath]+"|||Asset Characteristics") -> Macro

Thanks,

Yiling

29 REPLIES 29
yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

I know it's weird...

Col A does not seem to be the problem...deleted A and the issue remains.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

If you can, remove the data that might contain sensitive information and include the Excel file as attachment. I would like to try on my system. You can delete the other tabs. 

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. Please see attached. Tab 'GHG' is the problem tab. Let me know if you figure this one out!

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I was successful in importing with both an input tool and a macro. One last thing to check is the formula tool that is updating the path. Can you share the configuration for that tool? If that tool is set up correctly, we might just want to recreate the macro or try in a different workflow to eliminate possible file corruption.

Snag_1b0c0ee6.png

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Woohoo! Thank you so much. Would you be able to share the workflow / batch macro?

The formula config is attached.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Try updating the formula to [FullPath]+"|||'GHG$'" The only differences are the single quote around GHG and the dollar sign ($). That should read it in correctly though.

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

ah, tried [FullPath]+"|||'GHG$'"... it did not fix the issue. 

jdminton
12 - Quasar

You can try this one. I think in the macro setting the check box did need to be checked to replace the path. This one should work though. The macro should also be packaged in here, but let me know if you need it separately. Please mark as solved if it works.

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much. It worked.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Woohoo!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels