Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Output Trims the Text Fields

ahsankhalid
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am using alteryx to create a table and output in Excel. 

The table has more then 20 columns and about 200 rows. 

I am using the Basic table tool and Render tool, but the output table in excel has trimmed values for text feilds e.g. for Team its only showing T, for "England and wales" in output table is showing En a Wa.

Please can someone assist me in this issue.

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Is there any chance you could supply your workflow and some mock-up data that shows the behavior you're seeing?

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
ahsankhalid
8 - Asteroid

Hi Lisa, 

If you look at the last part where I have used the Render tool after the table tool and the generate a temporary file then it actually trims the names of the headings. 

In this workflow, I have actually unselected half or maybe more columns just to make it readable. 

Is there any way you can suggest to get the full column headings. 

Regards

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ahsankhalid There is an issue with the render tool and the size when outputting to excel. There is a great thread over here where a number of folks chimed in on how to address the issue by changing the size in the render tool to something bigger.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels