Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Scheduler API are failing

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

I have scheduled the workflows in VM Alteryx designer scheduler facing issue while running it. Error message was “Error transferring the data .Couldn’t resolve the host name” this is happening in download tool. API unable to hit the URL and fetch the data. But I can able to run the workflow in the vm and the issue is only while we schedule in Designer Scheduler.

Please drop the suggestion to check for the proxy setting in Designer Scheduler.

Please let me know if you need more info from my end.

11 REPLIES 11
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@sathyar 

The Scheduler requires that the ODBC drivers are created with DSN System and not in Users Check that the ODBC drivers are listed as SYstem

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @geraldo 

I have created the ODBC connections as System . Attached the snap how i have setup the odbc connections.

Please have a look and drop the suggestions.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@sathyar 

The number of the tool that is giving the error is not visible. But apparently other connections were resolved only with this tool, which is giving an error, apparently not created. Check the tool number and see which connection is being made

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @geraldo 

I have attached the errors with clear snap . Please have a look at the attached document. Because of the download tool couldn't able to download the data both of the select tool next to that facing errors.

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

Can you run the flow and post the output of the download tool. The download tool will give out two fields "DownloadData" and "DownloadHeaders".

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

hi @Gaurav_Dhama_   I have ran the workflow in alteryx designer and can able to see in download tool can able to establish the connection with API i have provided .

Meanwhile same workflow i have scheduled in the scheduler but failed in the same download tool. With error mentioned as 'error transferring data couldn't Reslove the host name '

Please have a look at the attached document .

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

Tool 8 has run twice? Looks like first time tool 8 (download tool) ran successfully and also fetched the data, but failed second time. Any idea why is that happening?

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

@Gaurav_Dhama_   So the actual issue is i can able to run the workflow from Alteryx designer but while scheduling the same workflow in scheduler its failing . For your reference i have added the Local run and scheduler run screenshots .

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@sathyar 

in my analysis this DNS is not created
CASCADE_Risk_Stage I only found it in the print CASCADE_Stg

Audit_Risk_DB_Vn_stage(aka) 1 record written
Audit_Risk_DB_Vn_stage(aka) 3 records read
CASCADE_Risk_Stg(odbc)
Audit_Risk_DB_Vn_stage (aka) 5 records read

Labels