Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer - How to Create Column ID's (PK/FK) to Join Tables

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am a new bee trying to load normalized tables from a file (attached) as per  new the below Star Schema to Populate Multiple small Tables like Facts & Dimensions using Alteryx Designer.

However, Cant load data in Target: FACT Can’t normalize date in Target :Date, and more date fields like Date DIM.

Please find the Source Files, and Alteryx file and appreciated if anybody help me with Alteryx workflow

stevelogue1980_0-1596757287108.png

Need this :

stevelogue1980_1-1596757287114.png

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @stevelogue1980 , I have looked into your workflow and fixed things please check and let me know if this is what you were looking for?

Changes made- To standarize the date I formated the date column in the excel itself.

For Target fact table you were using ROWID to generate row which was not satisfying your  Condition expression. Therefore, I created a New Field  NewID in order to make it work.

grazitti_sapna_0-1596775511621.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the Replay.

Perhaps,After loading these Tables in Target, If we want to Join we need  PK,FK relations between these 3 Tables?

EX: Needs a State ID & City ID in CIty DIM to join with Fact.Not sure how to generate these ID's

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello,

See attached. it is based on the sourceData file you provided. The workflow will generate 3 tables or files. DimDate with id that you can use to join to the main table. Also Dim city which include city name and state id. I would imagine you need another lookup table for the state name. You can derive the state table from the workflow if you need. Meanwhile, have a look.

I hope it helps.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels