Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allow user to pick fields and allocate percentage to each selection

ValM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! I am trying to find a way to allow users to pick some fields from a table with many fields and then allocate a percentage to each field:

They would be able to change the Allocation, making sure that it adds up to 100%.

for example:

I have A,B,C,D, but the user only picks 3, and adds a custom allocation.

B35.00%
C45.00%
D20.00%

I need 2 different user inputs, the selection of fields and the %s

It could be done at the same time by just adding the % allocation beside each field, leaving the unselected with Null(), but i don't know how to add the input field in the interface.

I am attaching my humble start workflow.

Thank you so much! (...So much... to learn!)

ValM_0-1681388544135.pngValM_1-1681388605791.png

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ValM ,

If I understand correctly you are trying to make a selection of the ones you want to update, then based on this selection allow the user to input a value against those selections.

The way to do this is by chaining the applications, but you also need to amend the app to which you are chaining to allow the selection to be shown against the input values so the user knows for which selection they are adjusting the value.

If this is the case, then you need some Dynamic Hardcoding wizardry.

I've attached a simple app to do this which gives the following:

mceleavey_0-1681399117921.png

mceleavey_1-1681399157792.png

mceleavey_2-1681399182307.png

Once you have that working you can apply any calculation you want.

You can read more about chained apps here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

And you can read my magnificent blog about Dynamic Hardcoding here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Dynamic-Hard-Coding-Chained-App-Sorcery/ba-p/764585

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ValM
6 - Meteoroid

@mceleavey  Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed. I will play with it and adapt it to the rest of the workflow. Amazing! THANKS!!!!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ValM 

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels