Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Aggregating fields and selecting the one with the max

r-alrahmani
6 - Meteoroid

I have Table 1 with the following fields:

• Question
  • Correct Answer
  • Response (possible responses that were chosen, there is one correct answer with multiple incorrect for each question)
  • Incorrect (no. of candidates with incorrect answer)
  • Correct (no. of candidates with correct answer)
  • Grand Total (total no. of candidates that answered particular question)
  • % Incorrect for each response (no. of Incorrect for each response/Grand Total)*100

I would like to create Table 2 with the following fields:

• Question
  • Correct Answer
  • Most frequently chosen incorrect answer (answer that has max no. of incorrect candidates)  
  • Overall % of incorrect candidates (total Incorrect/Grand Total)

Please see sample tables attached.

I've tried using the "Summarize" tool to:

1. Group by Question
  2. Group by Correct Answer 
  3. Group by Response
  4. Max Incorrect
  5. Group by Grand Total

I should be getting only the response that has the max no. of incorrect candidates in the "Most frequently chosen incorrect answer" column so that I am getting one row per Question.

Instead, I am still getting multiple rows per question and all the responses are showing rather than just the one with the most frequently chosen incorrect one.

Appreciate any bit of help!

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Use a summarize tool and group by the Question and Max Incorrect %. Join that back to the Original table.

kamal03
9 - Comet

Hi @r-alrahmani 

You can achieve this by using 2 summarize tools and 2 join tools.

Please check the workflow and please let me know if it worked for you or not.

Screenshot_1.png

r-alrahmani
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

Thanks for the quick reply!

At first, it was still giving me multiple rows per question, but I basically used your solution with an additional filter where (Correct Answer ! = Response) and it gave me the desired output :) thanks again!!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels