Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding Seasonality month in Time series function

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have used ARIMA and ETS tools to forecast my future data. Now I want to add few things on that workflow, we received Jan and Jul month high sales rather than other months so How can I add this instruction into ARIMA and ETS tool function. I have attached my workflow for your reference please have a look at it and advise me.

Also, I am looking for same results while forecasting daily, we received high sales on 1st and 15th day of each month.

15 REPLIES 15
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar You need to retrain the model and test the models on the new combined dataset

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Also try using the TS plot tool

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai I am unable to getting your advise. Could you please advice me with workflow. I am completely new to this Time series tool.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar I'm away from alteryx atm till aorund march so can't upload a workflow unfortunately.

But if you haven't already check out the data science learning path there is an entire section on time series.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Data-Science-Learning-Path/ta-p/504157 

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

Any luck to get your help on this forecasting

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar can you attach the workflow as packaged with the data or upload the data separately? Open the workflow and do not have the data

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai Here is the workflow.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Dhilip_Kumar take a look at this and let me know if it helps

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @aatalai. This help me and got some idea on this however I would like to ask three questions on this.

1. I am not able to find the result for 2024 based on input data. I could see the forecasting result for 2023 March to December. Please advise me if I am looking result on incorrect tool.

2. On my input file I have two different categories (Reporting and Invoice). I want the result for both categories on one output. Please help me to get this.

3. How could we get this output result in excel format.

I am really thankful and appreciate all your help!!! 

Thanks

Dhilip

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels