Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add Error Message to Numeric Up/Down tool

GG17
5 - Atom

Hi,

I set up a Numeric Up/Down tool in the following way:

clipboard_image_0.png

Basically I want the user to enter a number between 0 and 100. I wanted to add an Error Message tool to warn the user if they would input a number that is not in that range. This is the configuration for that:

clipboard_image_3.png

However, when testing I noticed that when I enter e.g., 400 (which is not between 0 and 100) that Alteryx changes this automatically to 100 and does not show any error message. Similarly, when I enter something like -20, it changes to 0 (so rounding the incorrect value to the min/max allowed value). I would prefer actually that Alteryx does show the error message in order to avoid confusion. Say a user wants to input 40 but accidentally inputs 400, this is changed to 100 but they do not see this immediately.

Any ideas if this is possible? I am using Designer version 2018.2.

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GG17 

You can use the Error Message tool to handle this. Set the Numeric up & down to take in any value

numeric-up-down.png

And use the Error Message tool to communicate the condition. Example attached.

error.png

interface.png

GG17
5 - Atom

Cool, thanks!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels