Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ADD Space to text not to numbers

deepakpintya
7 - Meteor

Hi Team, 

I want to add single space to texts and not to numbers. I just need space to text fields.

deepakpintya_0-1663006305546.png

9 REPLIES 9
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @deepakpintya 

Assuming you want to add a space after the text, this would work. Otherwise feel free to modify how you see fit:

IF isinteger([Root Cause]) 
then [Root Cause]
Else [Root Cause] + ' ' 
Endif
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @deepakpintya,

Assuming you want to add the text to the beginning you can use the regex match formula like this:

REGEX_Match([Root Cause], "\d+")

This will return True if only digits are present.

Put that in an if statement and you can add a space if it is not only numbers: 

IF REGEX_Match([Root Cause], "\d+") THEN [Root Cause] ELSE " " + [Root Cause] ENDIF

IraWatt_0-1663006680424.png

The community has some quick and easy videos on formulas and the Formula Tool here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Writing%20...

If you want to learn more about Regex the community has some really quick interactive videos on getting to grips with it here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Parsing%20...

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

deepakpintya
7 - Meteor

Its not worked. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@deepakpintya did you want to add a space to the beginning or end?

deepakpintya
7 - Meteor

Beginning. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@deepakpintya how did my example workflow not work for you?

deepakpintya
7 - Meteor

unable to output but regex formula worked. In output its coming without space. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@deepakpintya It does seem to work with CSV just not Excel not sure why (works fine here with CSV):

IraWatt_0-1663008689103.png

deepakpintya
7 - Meteor

I have huge data with many coulmns, if i change to CSV from EXCEL then its not getting reconcile.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels