Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Extract Section of Text From String

byoung458
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have spent a while now attempting to resolve this, but I am stumped. My data is sourced from our CRM and the question at hand retains to three of the columns within the table. The first column, the part description column, is essentially a mashed up string containing several sections. A part number section, brand name section, another part number section, and a description section. This is current the only description field with the correct description data within our CRM. The second column is the brand name that is found within the description. The third column is the part number that is found within the description.

I am attempting to isolate and extract only the description section of this string, but there are no delimiters between each section to indicate separation.

Below, I attached an image laying out some example data and its layout verses the target with some notes referring to the data in the image. I also included a file with the raw data from the example.

Anything helps.

Thanks,

Blake

description_extract_image.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Does the cloud product have the Replace function?  If so, something like this might work - Replace(Replace([Description], [Brand], ""),[Part],"")

byoung458
5 - Atom

I found a way to resolve this using the substitution function referencing the brand name and part number columns.