Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #441: Unlock the Mysteries of Alteryx Server’s API Information

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here

Alteryx Server’s application programming interface (API) offers detailed insights into the workflows and users hosted on Server. Thanks, @The_Rad_Valentina , for this brilliant idea! 😉

In this challenge, you will explore two datasets: the first presents workflow details; the second lists users associated with the Server. For this exercise, the Server has a limited number of workflows and one single user. However, the underlying principles remain the same regardless of the Server size.

Note that all personal information has been anonymized to ensure privacy. Your tasks are as follows:

1. Prepare and clean the data in the Workflow Details dataset.
  2. Prepare and clean the data in the Author Details dataset.
  3. Join the users from the Author Details dataset to the owners in the Workflow Details dataset to get your output.

Need a refresher? Review the following lessons in Academy to gear up.

Want to learn more about Alteryx Server? Review the following learning path to start:

Good luck!

AYXAcademy_0-1721836484055.png

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

C441

Spoiler
Renaming/deselecting fields took the most time once I figured out the approach
c441.png
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
441.jpg
Erin
10 - Fireball

Not my prettiest work, but I think I got it...

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Honestly not a fan of this challenge at all.

'Prepare and clean the data' is not a particularly strong set of challenge requirements. Consequently it becomes less time spent solving a problem and more time interpreting a sample output and trying to reverse engineer what the requirements are rather than translating requirements to Alteryx logic. I appreciate that part of our job is sometimes replicating a sample data structure. I think this probably strayed across the line from problem solving using the tool to a tedious exercise.

Spoiler
image.png
MelGibson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
441Challenge Solution.png

Okay this took longer than expected. The key is understanding when to take the version because Version 4 is used for Record 0 for the upload date, but the create date is from no version. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
image.png
ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
441.png

Hub119
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Happy Monday all!  My solution is attached.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fun one!

Spoiler
Challenge 441.png