Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #262: With-invoice

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Appreciate I probably cheated a bit using dynamic rename to name the columns rather than get them from source. But figured I could easily have made a lookup table for renaming based on number of column out of the parse so used dynamic rename to save on some time.

image.png
alacoume
9 - Comet

My solution (quite manual...):

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
lengthy done without regex
olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

A neat challenge, thank you.  I leveraged some of the elements in @Blake approach.  Thank you, @Blake!

2023-09-29_10-23-37.png

dougbaron
8 - Asteroid

got it!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-02 150222.png
AndreeaS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
262.png
Turley93
8 - Asteroid

Solution!

networkmike42
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-11-01 170025.png

LorenzNacilla
8 - Asteroid

Tried to make it as dynamic as I can. Had to play around with replacing the spaces with '|'

Spoiler
Challenge 262 Solution.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Getting back into weekly challenges after a little hiatus.

There are a few keys to this one - see after the spoiler break.

Spoiler
Key 1:
The dashed lines give you the size of the columns - you need to use these to figure out how to do the column breaks.   This is not all that uncommon in mainframe data
Key 2: Search for the beginning of the different sections to isolate the pieces that you need
Key 3: don't get confused by the row of Company data stuck in the invoice lines of the customer section.
Key 4: Dynamic rename - it's pretty awesome

I did cheat a little on constructing the field names for the result  in the Alteryx solution, but did it right in the Python version.

2023-11-17_15-23-01.jpg

#SnakingMyWayThruChallenges