Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #189: Billboard Top 100

snbandi
8 - Asteroid

My solution for the last few I am practicing before taking the core exam.

kurtisanaya
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Solution #189.PNG

asultanov
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-01-19 153555.png
Zhengyi
8 - Asteroid

Nice practice!

aiahwieder
8 - Asteroid

Posted!

ricki
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler_189.png

aaroncpotts
7 - Meteor

I could have done this more efficiently, but I wanted to practice regex. 

Spoiler
AlteryxChallenge189AP.png

YadTheTabLad
8 - Asteroid

image.png

james_western_HUN
7 - Meteor

Really interesting data set! I was able to replicate the Output, and was surprised by the 00's and 10's, which made me browse the data a little more closely. This data set is a great example of "you need to know your data!" The challenge outputs...

Spoiler
... are only designed to group-by Exact match in the "Artist" field. However, in the music industry, the main act will frequently 'feature' a supporting artist on a single track of an album. Throughout the data, and prominently in the 2000's and 2010's, these appear as "Main Act featuring Supporting Act". By using a formula field with a nested String function - left([Artist],FindString([Artist], "featuring")-1) - I was able to create a parallel stream to review if this changed the answer. Spoiler alert: it certainly does!

Decade Number of Top 10 Hits Exact Artist Name Top 10 Hits by Lead Artist Including 'featuring..."
2000's 3 alicia keys, matchbox twenty 4 beyonce, usher
2010's 2 bruno mars, katy perry, nicki minaj, the weeknd 5 katy perry

danbostrom
8 - Asteroid