General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Any tips to keep alteryx skills going while in between jobs

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Hi all

I'm in between jobs atm, wanted to see if anyone had any tips for keeping my alteryx skills up to scratch. I have a mac as personal laptop so can't use the in between trial/career change trial, as I don't want to use a vdi/split the hard drive. Trying to get involoved with the community but finding it hard to answer questions, especially when I can't upload workflows/see uploaded workflows/take screen shots of work flows etc. so looking for any possible tips.

Ta

7 REPLIES 7
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @aatalai,

You could download the 30-day Designer Cloud trial, which you can run on your Mac. Then, you can answer questions in the Designer Cloud discussion forum or attempt the weekly challenges that can be completed in the cloud 😊

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Hi @MeganBowers 

Thanks for your post. Tried it and said I need a work email, which I don't have atm. (Only have gmail,hotmail etc). Can you advice anything else?

Ta

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @aatalai! Have you tried applying to our Career Changer/Independent Learner licenses, under the SparkED Program? Check it out: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Independent-Learners/gh-p/Career_Changers. 😉

Flávia Brancato
aatalai
14 - Magnetar
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@FláviaB @MeganBowers 

based on this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Independent-Learners-Discussions/Cloud-license/m-p/1235037#M358

Doesn't look I can get a cloud license as an independent learner, is there a way alteryx could provide me/others with trial cloud license as it is unlikely for us to have a company email?

MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@aatalai Unfortunately, after checking internally, it looks like at this time there isn't a way to get a cloud trial license for a personal email--apologies for guiding you in the wrong direction earlier! The only workaround would be the one you mentioned earlier, to use a vdi/split your hard drive to run Designer Desktop.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

That's fine is there any intention to change that anytime soon?

Labels