Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

System Settings Script Error, Gallery Authentication - Global Catalog not Found in Forest

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

I have found a couple similar questions (here and here), but they are related to a different script error message than I'm receiving. When I reach the Gallery Authentication section of the server System Settings, I receive a script error stating, "Global catalog not found in forest [our domain]." It references the conf.js JavaScript file in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\public_html\js. I accessed the script and the line of code it references is:

user = JSON.parse(cs.searchActiveDirectory(defaultAdmin))

rymatt830_0-1672872490310.png

I reached out to my network team, but they haven't been much help yet. It seems related to an active directory configuration. I am using a Run As service account, which is also the default Gallery admin. Has anyone else run into this before?

4 REPLIES 4
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @rymatt830 - I usually get this error when I forget to log onto our VPN in order to authenticate to the network. Could this possibly be the same issue and potentially resolved by logging onto a VPN?

Let me know if that works!

Dana

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Hi Dana - thak you for the response. Unfortunately, when logged into the VPN I still get the error.

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Have you tried to run the worker as yourself instead of the service account to test the authentication? Because this is a security sensitive topic, I might recommend logging a case with Alteryx Support to dig into your Alteryx System Settings as well as your machine's settings. It difficult to get all the details necessary for troubleshooting over the Community.

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Dana. I am also working directly with Support to resolve the issue. Hopefully it's resolved soon and I can post the solution.