Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

StoneBranch Scheduler and Alteryx Workflow

jjeagle
5 - Atom

This is my first posting and I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum but the issue our company is facing is that we have Alteryx workflows on our server and we wish to have they triggered by StoneBranch, a third party scheduling tool.  Has anyone experience with this.  We need specifics on how to do this.  I have gone through the RESTFUL API documents, but that really didn't help us.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
@jjeagle
I haven't used StoneBranch, but did a little bit of reading up on it.
Seems like it should work similar to the solution proposed in this post:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Setup-Configuration/Calling-Alteryx-Server-from-Command-Line-in-ESP...
jjeagle
5 - Atom

Thanks.  Researching.

jjeagle
5 - Atom

Thanks for the link.  I am very new to Alteryx as is the rest of our team.  I have read the API documentation.  I have been searching for a step by step example, baby steps preferably, that spells out exactly what I would need to do to take a workflow such as "01 Does Something.yxmd" on our Alteryx server, and create a RESTFUL service that can be used by a third party scheduler to run the job.  A good solid tutorial that walks you through step by step, assuming nothing, and is not generic in nature.  Does the workflow need to reside in the gallery for example?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
@jjeagle

A lot of this just depends on what you have and what you're trying to achieve.
Alteryx is great because there are many ways to do the same thing - not a single one is right or wrong.
To get started down an efficient path though just a couple of questions:
1. What is your server setup? (Single machine/multi-node; on-premises/cloud)
2. What does the workflow do?
jjeagle
5 - Atom

We have a single VM server set-up.

*dr. joseph **eagle*