Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MongoDB actual run time of workflow

Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

I am trying to get the actual running time of workflows from the Mongo database but so far all I can find is the CreationDateTime and CompletionDateTime in the AS_Queue.  However CreationDateTime is the time the server started to queue the workflow and not the actual start of the workflow running.

Can anyone help in where I can find this level of information?

Thanks

After searching around some more I have found the data in the __ServiceData Blob

12 REPLIES 12
Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

I don't think there is one directly, maybe in the audit tables,.... but currently I macgyver it using the column like 'execution time' as in how many seconds it took the workflow to execute, and you can use this to find the actual time of execution by subtracting it from the Completion time,

I also use it in a similar fashion to get 'queue time' by taking the remainder of subtracting the execution time from the difference between CompletionDateTime and CreationDateTime

raychase
11 - Bolide

You are correct about the JOB_CREATION_DATETIME and JOB_COMPLETION_DATETIME from the AS_Queue collection.  The timestamp that you're after is the RESULT_EXECUTION_STARTTIME within the AS_Results collection.  It refers to the exact moment when the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe was spawned to run the workflow.

The time difference between JOB_CREATION_DATETIME and the RESULT_EXECUTION_STARTTIME is referred to as the 'queue time'.

felicem
5 - Atom

This is an old comment, but it is what I am looking for.  I can't find RESULT_EXECUTION_STARTTIME in the AS_Results collection.  Am I just doing something wrong or was it moved/removed?

raychase
11 - Bolide

You'll find it within the __ServiceData field.  Unfortunately, this is a BLOB field that needs to be parsed.  I'm attaching a ServiceDataParser macro that you can use to do so.

felicem
5 - Atom

That was perfect. Thank you.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Thank you!  exactly what I needed

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Sorry, what was here, because it doesn't show me?

Marcel_Gavrila_0-1643628675010.png

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

I can't find anything related to AlteryxPlugin_SdPrint either, which makes this useless.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

See if this helps.  Copy from it to your WF.