Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MongoDB actual run time of workflow

Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

I am trying to get the actual running time of workflows from the Mongo database but so far all I can find is the CreationDateTime and CompletionDateTime in the AS_Queue.  However CreationDateTime is the time the server started to queue the workflow and not the actual start of the workflow running.

Can anyone help in where I can find this level of information?

Thanks

After searching around some more I have found the data in the __ServiceData Blob

12 REPLIES 12
rhipp87
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Tim. It looks like it actually might run even though it has the question mark icon, which usually indicates a missing macro or plugin. I'm trying to see if this parses the ServiceData better than my manual tokenization and then hex->ascii. I'll follow-up.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

In this case, the Question mark is actually a tool that does a debug print of a field that is formatted as Binary JSON.  I'm not sure how that tool was actually created (i copied from a WF) but it's great for reading __ServiceData field.  I believe future Alteryx releases won't require you to jump thru these hoops to get details. 

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

I can only find the engine run timestamp in the physical log files on the Alteryx server's hard disk, outside of the mongoDB instance. What I did do, however, is a formula with datetimeadd([CompletionDateTime],-[ExecutionTime],"seconds") to get the engine's start runtime.

The ServiceDataParser Macro TimN provided is available within the AlteryxServerUsageReport in the Alteryx Server 2022.1 downloads in the license portal. It works even though it displays the missing dependency large question mark icon, appearing as if a plugin or macro is missing. This also appears to have solved my issue with random unicode trash appearing with blob -> hex -> (..) tokenize -> CharFromInt(HexToNumber([OutputLog])) and concatenating the results.

Cheers, Tim.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG