Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password

amasuda
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

We have a private studio on our company’s Gallery, and when any user tries to run any workflow, he receives the same error:

Gallery_error.png

The credentials for DB connections remains the same. We also tried changing the password for Gallery’s users. Nothing helped.

Have you seem something like this?

Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@amasuda  Is the user logged in on his own machine?  I've seen that before when Windows auth for the current session doesn't match that of the user logged into the Gallery.

amasuda
5 - Atom

@patrick_mcauliffe thanks for the reply!

Actually, our Windows and Gallery users are not sync: they even have different passwords. But I don’t believe that this is the problem, because we have been using the Gallery this way for over an year until yesterday, when this error first occurred.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@amasuda That's interesting.  Is it safe to say that no changes were made to the server right before this started?

amasuda
5 - Atom

@patrick_mcauliffe

santak_das
5 - Atom

Any resolution ?
I am facing the same problem however, we are not using Alteryx Server rather an Alteryx Scheduler.

Tams_Boticario
5 - Atom
Hi @santak I just had this same problem on my Alteryx Server, and the issue was that the machine logged user that the Server was installed and running, updated the password and forgot to change it on the Alteryx Server configuration pannel. After he updated the password on the Server the problem was resolved! Hope this helps you!