Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: Not enough bytes read. The pipe has been ended.

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I set up an working in Designer and it ran successful with no errors, how ever when I copy the workflow to put on the Alteryx Server and ran the workflow it give me the following error message

server error.JPG

Any advise on how i can get this to work on the Alteryx server without getting this error,

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Andrew,

Inbound Pipe generally relates to running out of memory on your machine.

What are you trying to do? I often see it when people have large CSV files as their input.  Try making the delimiter /0 then parsing it out using text to columns.  

Nick

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to load couple of tabs from a spreadsheet (xslx), 1 sheet has 10 rows with 2 columns and the 2nd sheet has around 7k rows with 78 columns. then I transpose the file and do a match on the colunm names and add any missing ones and then update an sql database. Tested it on my pc and works ok and just doing a test on the server before putting it in the gallery.

It works fine on my pc but when I put the workflow onto the Server it is given me this error.

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

On your server system settings,

How many simultaneous workflows?

What is your join/sort memory?

What is your servers RAM?

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Answers are in red

@NickC wrote:

How many simultaneous workflows? 10

What is your join/sort memory? 0 (default)

What is your servers RAM? 15GB

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Can you try lowering the number of simultaneous workflows?  We generally recommend the number of cores - 1.  On a basic deployment this would be 3 simultaneous workflows.  This means the 15gb will be split 3 ways instead of 10x, which will give your workflows a lot more RAM to run.

Thanks,

Nick

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

Hi @NickC 

How many simultaneous workflows? 3

What is your join/sort memory? 0 (default)

What is your servers RAM? 15GB

I am still getting the same error, please advise