Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to resolve those Alteryx workflow with inputs / outputs that has an *.csv files?

JT0168
7 - Meteor

How to resolve those Alteryx workflow with inputs / outputs that has an *.csv files?

I'm getting an error "cannot find the file path" when I upload the workflow in the gallery.

5 REPLIES 5
ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JT0168 

That error is most likely the result of your server not having access to or being able to recognize the path/location where the data lives.  Try using a UNC path to the location of the file(s) in the Input/Output Tools and republish to your server. 

The article might be helpful.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/File-Paths-and-Alteryx/ta-p/847200#....

Hope that helps,

Scott

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JT0168 

1) Make sure the server has access to the file location of where the files are stored.

2) If Alteryx Server is using a run as user, make sure this user also has access to the location of the files.

3) As a best practice, I would recommend storing the files in a network location where the server can access these files.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

JT0168
7 - Meteor

How about the *.csv, how will it work in the gallery?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The .csv file will just be referenced when the workflow is executed in the gallery. a .csv will work the same as a .xlsx file.

The workflow references and validates the inputs/outputs when the workflow is executed in the gallery.

Hope this helps.

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

*.CSV It will work the same way that how it is working in Designer. The only problem why you are unable to access file path in server is i will think your server doesn't have access to the respected folder.