Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Adobe API issue

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid
We have workflows that pull from the Adobe API site. Recently, Adobe has been having issues. The problem is that our workflows pulling from the site, continue running. There was 1 workflow that ran for over 4 hours until we found out about it and killed it. Since then, I have put a 2 hour runtime limit on any workflow running on the server. Question: is there a better way? I would like the workflow to intelligently know when the Adobe site is down, and stop pinging it after "20 minutes", and cancel the job. Any ideas? Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Do you have an API call you can run that will "verify" that the API is up and running? You could run that first via a block until done tool and then if it's good it will continue with your workflow...

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JohnBell You can use the message tool to 'look for a message' as a result from the API call. You can have it error out within the message tool and set the runtime settings to 'cancel running workflows on error'.

Capture.PNG

Digan
Alteryx
JohnBell
8 - Asteroid
Thanks @DiganP I understand what you're saying, but I still don't get it. Can you attach a simple workflow using the "cancel running workflow on error" with the message tool? I'm testing, but doesn't appear to be working for me. Thanks,
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JohnBell Here you go.

Digan
Alteryx
JohnBell
8 - Asteroid
@DiganP THANK YOU! Much better...now it makes more sense... Thank you so much!