This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Looks like I fixed this by letting the workflow create a new table instead of appending my table, and then when that successfully worked I checked the table Alteryx created against the table I was trying to append to. Apparently, I had a few of my nvarchar sizes set too small. I adjusted the field sizes, and it worked great!
It looks like it could be caused by the size the data being larger than the columns in the table. You might want to use an auto field tool to check the size of your data and compare those results with the table structure you are inserting into.
I do have a similar issue, which is happening for several tables. I am trying to move data from one SQL Server into an Azure SQL server using the "Input Data " object. Because in the source tables I have a "binary" column, I get the next err.
Error: Input Data (61): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Error in row[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]String data, right truncation
If I exclude that column from the select statement , the issue disappears .
I have also tried to use a "Data Cleansing" or a "Select" object , in order to change their type / un-select that column , but each time, the "Input Data" gives this err if the column is in the select statement.
The workflow is a straight one - I read data with an "Input Data" -> I create a table and insert data with an "Output Data"