I'm seeing the same behavior in several of my workflows as well. All I changed was the Publish to Tableau tool and set to Hyper. If I change the publish to tableau tool back to TDE from Hyper it runs without error.
Just to give an update on this issue. We are aware of this behavior and are currently working on fixing it. We do hope to have this resolved in a future release. In the meantime, here is the workaround:
This issue appears to occur when users try to output a hyper file that contains extended ASCII characters (https://www.asciitable.com/) 128-255 as a standard string (v_string or string). This can be resolved by stripping these characters. This can be done using a Data Cleansing tool or by field type to "vw_string" or "w_string".