Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

regex replace help

Ultralightbeam
8 - Asteroid

Hello I have an array of strings example is (AX,AXAPTA, Microsoft Dynamics AX), using regex replace i'm not sure of what syntax to use where if this specific AX is in a string it will be classified as Microsoft Dynamics AX

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ultralightbeam 

So you want the AX to be replace by Microsoft Dynamics AX?

Can you give your desired output?

Ultralightbeam
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

I have a series of words in a string separated by a comma (,) so now I want AX to be replaced by Microsoft Dynamics AX 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ultralightbeam 
I assume you dont want "Microsoft Dynamics AX" to be replaced.

Capture03.PNG

Ultralightbeam
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu I think my question was wrong

So I have an input see image below, where as System contains multiple words delimited by comma, for every system I want it to be classified to something else using a conditional statement and further will be text to rows (see second image for output) note that duplicated on the input will only count as 1 row.

- I think it shouldn't be compared as contains (AX is also contains in PortAX while it's different)

Ultralightbeam_1-1611558130511.png

Expected Output

Ultralightbeam_2-1611558140036.png

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Ultralightbeam,

After the "expected output" shown above, you could try placing a formula tool with this formula:

IF Regex_CountMatches([System], "(?:^|[^\w])AX")>0

THEN "Microsoft Dynamics AX"

ELSE [System or Field2]

ENDIF

It looks for either the start of a string or any non-letter character before "AX".

Labels