Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to sort out a column contains a specific items with another column

parida
5 - Atom

Hi mentor, 

I have a dataset that includes two columns of data. one is invoice_id, another one is product type. For one same invoice_id, it may include more than one product types. now, my task is to find out the product types that include a specific product called "AU pre-Registration" under the same invoice_id. The included product types with "AU pre-Registration" are not the same for different invoice_id. 

here is the dataset looks like: 

parida_0-1648009465959.png

So which tool I can use to effectively sort out all results for big datasets? Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@parida 

hi, you can use this workflow - it will give you a summary of the ids of entries

if you would like to sort the data by these categories - you can use the second stream from the attached workflow

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1648017005079.png

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@parida 

let me know if that is what you are looking for. If not I ll try to help.

parida
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, it doesn't work on my side. I attached my workflow and dataset. 

And I think it can't answer my question either. I want to know, what other product types are in the same invoice_id with product type named "AU pre-registration". I want to show those other product types in a list if possible. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@parida 

binuacs_0-1648020680042.png

parida
5 - Atom

Thank you, but if you check the list, it also includes the invoice_id that only has one product type called "AU Pre-reg", but what I want is, the list of product types that were purchased along with  "AU Pre-reg" in the same invoice_id.  

I don't need to have the invoice_id only have product_type  "AU Pre-reg". 

parida
5 - Atom

to make it in a more clear way: I only want to have the list that includes >=2 product types in one same invoice_id, and one of the product types should be  "AU Pre-reg". 

FYI: some invoice_id includes >=2 products types, but it may not include  "AU Pre-reg", those are not what I want. 

sparksun
11 - Bolide

My solution,hope it works for you

sparksun_0-1648028474107.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@parida 

binuacs_0-1648029325917.png

Labels