Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to find the difference in the values with same column in both base and target excel

Django
5 - Atom

Model1.png

i have an excel in which i have base table with values and i want to compare it with a different ( target table) ,highlight the values that are not matching 

for example please refer to the screenshot / spreadsheet attached . These combinations can be 500 or more 

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Django, you could join the two datasets on relevant keys (or row number if that is a better fit), and then compare the columns across the two datasets using one of Alteryx's native within the formula tool (e.g. REGEX_MATCH etc.). Once you identify the cells with differences, you could use the Table tool (under the Reporting tool pallette) to highlight them in a different color.

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@Django ,

How do we compare both Tables?

Do we compare row by row (1st row of Target Table vs 1st row of Base Table)?

OR is there a combination of columns that should be used to compare (maybe Base1 to Base 5)?

Let me know and we can definitely resolve your query.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

Django
5 - Atom

@shreyanshrathod 

Yes it is the combination of columns Base table ( base1 to base 5 ) i will be comparing with Target ( base 1 to base 5) 

for example base combination A1+B1+C1+D1+E1 values not in ( 1, 10 , 100 , 150 ) of Pre1 col base table should be highlighted in the target table . if you see 10000, 300 are the values in target table that needs to be highlighted for the combination or we can say group ( A1+B1+C1+D1+E1 ), likewise for other combination / Groups . 

Django
5 - Atom

do u have any solution please guide 

Labels