Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to change the default license system?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

whenever i launch alteryx, it prompts me to connect to a license server.. my company doesnt use that method of authentication (i dont think they do anyway)

so every time i  launch alteryx, i need to click "change license system", then dismiss a prompt warning me that i'll lose access to active licenses, and then use the active license that i keyed in after installing alteryx..

it's not a problem, but it's annoying... how can i make alteryx stop asking me to connect to a license server?

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matthew ,

I don't know why it's asking you to licence it every time, but I would suggest raising a ticket with Alteryx:

support@alteryx.com so they can have a look into why this is being re-set every time.

One question, are you using a platform such as Citrix to access Alteryx?

M.

Bulien

Matthew
11 - Bolide

thankfully no i'm not accessing alterx remotely, alteryx is installed locally

i dont know what changed that's making alteryx prompt me every time, but yeah, i'll file a ticket, thanks for the suggestion

Sakshi_M
7 - Meteor

I am also facing the same problem. @Matthew Did you chase the Alteryx support. Any fix for this?

Labels