Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

dynamic filter clause in alteryx

8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Engineer,

I have a dataset and some filter clauses to help filter some data user need. while those filter clause is defined by user like the column with values are dynamic, how can I read the filters defined by users and implement those in alteryx workflow?

suppose user defined as below

187_1-1665478202507.png

Then I should get those at my filter 

187_0-1665478175949.png

1 REPLY 1
Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @187 , you would need to use interface tools to support you here. Drop down would be the recommended way to do that. There is a pattern in Alteryx that will become familiar to you, it is summarising and then using a cross tab before feeding the drop down interface tool using the (@) anchor at the top. This will need to be run to refresh your list, but once done you should see your list of options in your data. I would expect if you have three choices you may need to do this three times to achieve your use case. I have attached my example and an image here, to give you an idea. if you have any special characters the disabled boxes to the right are additional tools which can support.

Drop Down Example.PNG

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
Labels