Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

delete zeros at beginning of a number

NicoLehmann
6 - Meteoroid

NicoLehmann_0-1685989142476.pngNicoLehmann_1-1685989153711.png

I have these two tables, that i want to join. But as you see one of them has two 00 in beginning.

How can i delete from the first table the first two zeros or ad them to the other table. But i would prefer to delete them.

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @NicoLehmann, as the field will be stored as a string you can use the TrimLeft() function to remove the '0' characters from the start:

DataNath_0-1685989952212.png

If the other field - in the second table - is numeric then you'll need to add a Select tool and make them uniform (i.e. both numeric or both strings) in order to be able to conduct a join.

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @NicoLehmann.

I would use a Regular Expression inside a Formula tool. I would use the REGEX_Replace function to match a pattern that has any number of leading zeroes, but only return the digits after the leading zeroes.

Please see the screenshot and the attached workflow.

acarter881_0-1685989926984.png

xariet
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the formula, but what does "$1" exactly mean? You are replacing any number of leading zeros with what? 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels